Friday 22 July 2011

"The Ragdoll"

This poem is sort of the reason behind the name of this blog, so I figured I would share. I think it's cute. The original can be found here.

"The Ragdoll"

I am not a normal person,
as one is wont to see
but just a little ragdoll;
The ragdoll, he is me.

I'm not like other people,
of bone and blood and flesh.
I'm made of others' patches,
of kindness love and mesh.

No piece that makes my body,
belongs to me alone.
Indeed, every single fibre
is on a sort of loan.

People take and give them
each day or month or year.
Some pieces more than others
I do hold very dear.

When one of these must leave me
it fills me with such strife,
and their absence from my being,
shakes my whole ragdoll life.

So when you took your pieces back,
We both knew it would sting.
But the pieces you think I gave you,
were a very different thing.

You think you took my ragdoll heart,
but most, still there, you'll find.
The biggest piece you took from me
was from my ragdoll mind.

My button eyes don't see so well
here in my ragdoll home.
These missing pieces make it seem
a hostile place to roam.

I am not a normal person,
as one is wont to see
but just a lonely ragdoll;
The ragdoll, he is me.


~Patches

No comments:

Post a Comment